Deanne Patterson's Reviews > When the Stars Come Out

When the Stars Come Out by Laura Trentham

bookshelves: netgalley, netgalley-january-2018, 2018-jan-tbr

Jackson Abbot has a twin brother, Wyatt and other brothers as well. They all work in their family auto body shop along with Willa. She is one of the best mechanics there is the guys tell her and she doesn't take the compliment lightly as she knows it is a respect given compliment. This is the fifth book in the CottonBloom series and my first read by this author. I'll need to look up more by this author since I really enjoyed this. Willa doesn't plan on stopping in Cottonbloom she just ends up there on her way to somewhere else. She is on the run from an idyllic childhood after something happens that she blames herself for. Jackson finally notices her not just her beauty but her shyness,her vulnerability, her skittishness. Willa sees a stray dog near her trailer and it has the same characteristics as her so she can relate,it's shy and skittish. She befriends it with food and soft words and the dog,River is a loyal pal to her when she needs a friend the most. The brothers were abandoned by their mother when they were young and are bitter about this. Will a reunion take place and can hearts be mended?
I loved reading the small town description,the sights,sounds,the colors. I could imagine myself there. This story really flowed well and I enjoyed it.
Pub Date 30 Jan 2018
Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for a review copy in exchange for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When the Stars Come Out.

January 12, 2018 – Shelved