Katherina [Book-o-Craze]'s Reviews > The Phantom of New York: Volume I - Peter and the Crown

The Phantom of New York by A.L. Janney

Check out the super-giveaway along with this review and more about the book on my blog, Book-o-Craze!

This was a delightful, interesting, funny and mysterious novel, full of unique characters and a protagonist you could only love and appreciate.

There was everything included in this book. A luxurious hotel with snobbish rich boys, adorable little girls, royalty, demanding (and some times a little bit crazy) customers and a few ghosts.

Peter is a 12-year-old boy, who gets into funny, if not a little bit daring, adventures and slowly matures in front of the reader's eyes. He and his family were forced to move into The Crown when his father was threatened by a shady client. And, that's when little Peter's life literally changed overnight. He made new friends (alive or not so much), he fell in love, he learned how to box and even how to behave properly wearing a tuxedo. From that moment on, the book starts being impossible to put down, as a bigger mystery starts unveiling itself, at the same time when a vicious gang commits robberies all over New York City.

The author managed to deliver Peter's story in an amazing way, suitable for readers of all ages, and also make us really feel we are on board with all of our lovable characters' adventures.

There was also so much diversity in this book, starting from our hero who was of Greek and Italian descent, his Indian friend and his best friend who was biracial! I loved this book for that reason even more!

There is nothing better than promoting to children equality and making their role models such amazing, kind and thoughtful characters.

All in all, 4 stars for an amazing, relaxing and at the same time mysterious and adventurous story, and a perfect read for all, that made me wistful of New York and its amazing, full of secrets, hotel!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Phantom of New York.

January 11, 2018 – Started Reading