Melissa's Reviews > A Mother for His Family

A Mother for His Family by Susanne Dietze

2089405

bookshelves: li-historical-read

A Mother For His Family by Susanne Dietze starts out with Lady Helena Stanhope arriving in Scotland about to enter into a marriage of convenience with Lord Ardoch aka John Gordon. He is a man beneath her station, but she is in desperate need to keep her reputation intact after a somewhat sticky situation that happened in London. John needs a mum to his 4 children after he was widowed years ago. This is the start of two people who don't know each other and soon learn it's love they have even though they have promised each other that it will never be anything more than friends! What's two stubborn people to do? Read the story and find out! You won't be disappointed!

I really loved this story. I loved seeing Helena and John change for the better because of their lots in life and what they found in each other. They had a lot to work though and it helped having them both be there for each other. I also loved how it didn't just center on her relationship with John. The story also centers on both their ever changing relationship with the children, her family, and their friends. Most importantly, it focuses on how God changes them. I loved that about the story. It had the perfect mix of adventure, love, and spirituality. I couldn't really put this book down!

If you like a clean sweet historical romance then I think you'd love this one! We even get a little epilogue at the end which always bumps up a book at least one star for me. LOL This was my first novel by Susanne Dietze, but not my last. I'll be reading the one that came before this one and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's not the last we see of Lord & Lady Ardoch!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Mother for His Family.

January 11, 2018 – Started Reading