D.M.'s Reviews > Ghost Wolf

Ghost Wolf by Hurri Cosmo

liked it

Ghost wolf started off like a dirty little secret. Trevor is gay, a shifter and clueless. He is basically a walking train wreck. His story is told with dark humour and a string of unfortunate events. He was adopted at birth and doesn't know where he came from. He meets an older wolf who shows him some of the shifter world, but also warns him that being a lone wolf is dangerous. Trevor's wolf is beautiful and unique.

Being gay in a small town isn't easy and Trevor is still a virgin when he goes to study in the city. In the city, he finds wolves not to be what he expected. Ryan is the leader of the pack and Trevor's fated mate. Unfortunately, it's more complicated than that and he has some loose ends to tie up. Keith, another shifter is also interested in some sexy time and Trevor finds himself in high demand.

Shifters are a hated community in some humans eyes and someone is killing them off. Trevor fancies himself a hero but he has to find the problem first.

Ghost Wolf has some really good ideas and the writing style did have me laughing at times. It's a little crude and the main character is a loser. He's the type of person who stumbles through life.

There is an added fantasy fiction to this story which I really liked. Paranormal mystery at its best. I'm teasing I know but I don't want to give anything away.

I was a little unsure how this was going to go in the stars ratings for me but then the last 10% of the book happened. I didn't like it and it was just too far. It was supposed to be light-hearted humour, but I wish it wasn't there.

3 stars out of 5. This book started out really well, but there were a few bumps in the road that wasn't for me. I loved the synopsis and book cover. The writing style is what you would expect from reading the book description.

This book is for an adult audience and the sexy senses were just that. Trevor is learning who he is and has some sexy male/male fantasies. He gets his happily ever after and a place to call home.

I would definitely recommend this book for a light-hearted dark humour read. It's a male/male romance and the shifter element is good. I enjoyed this book and it's worth taking a look at.

I had a love/hate relationship with this book.

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Wolf.

January 11, 2018 – Shelved