Helena of Eretz ✰'s Reviews > The Queen of Nothing

The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black

bookshelves: faeries, young-adult, favourites, best-of-2019, buddy-reads, hardback

Buddy read with Alison and Hamad!

NO!!! IT’S OVER!!! WHY IS IT OVER?!!!

This was SO SO GOOD and everything I wanted from the finale.

(I’ll post a proper review in a few hours.)

Jude, back with a vengeance: description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Queen of Nothing.

January 11, 2018 – Shelved
October 9, 2019 – Shelved as: hardback
November 16, 2019 – Started Reading
November 16, 2019 –
page 198
64.29% "It’s so good, mates. SO GOOD."
November 16, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)

message 1: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Ha! Something tells me you’re excited. :P

Helena of Eretz ✰ Mark wrote: "Ha! Something tells me you’re excited. :P"

Who, me??? NAHHHHH xD Seriously, I need it in my hands...NOW!

Helena of Eretz ✰ SugarPlum wrote: "😂😂😂😂 Love this. The pics for Jude and Cardan seem so accurate."

Hahahaha! Thank you!!! That's immediately what popped into my head!!! :P

Helena of Eretz ✰ SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "😂😂😂😂 Love this. The pics for Jude and Cardan seem so accurate."

Hahahaha! Thank you!!! That's immediately what popped into my head!!! :P"
Hahaha 😂😂"

I NEED IT. AND I NEED IT NOWWWWW!!!

Helena of Eretz ✰ SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "😂😂😂😂 Love this. The pics for Jude and Cardan seem so accurate."

Hahahaha! Thank you!!! That's immediately what popped into my head..."

I feel like I would have a book hangover...if I hadn't already hyped myself up for the Strange the Dreamer duology, the Dark Artifices trilogy, and King of Scars this month! I had a pretty severe book slump in January and February, so I REFUSE to let it happen again in March!

Helena of Eretz ✰ SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "😂😂😂😂 Love this. The pics for Jude and Cardan seem so accurate."

Hahahaha! Thank you!!! That's imm..."

So, I'm HOPING to not have a book hangover! ;)

Helena of Eretz ✰ SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "😂😂😂😂 Love this. The pics for Jude and Cardan seem so accurate."

..."

Ooh! I don't know if you've read this, but my favourite hate-to-love romance -- with the exception of Jude and Cardan, of course -- is Cleo and Magnus from the Falling Kingdoms series by Morgan Rhodes! SO GOOD AND ANGSTY!!! <3

Helena of Eretz ✰ SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "😂😂😂😂 Love this. The pics for Jud..."

You're welcome! Let me know what you think as you go through the books, so we can scream about MAGNEO together!!! :D

Helena of Eretz ✰ SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: "Helena wrote: "SugarPlum wrote: ..."

Me either. Me either. I literally ordered all six hardbacks last week lol. I HAD to have them! xD

You don't want to know how many hardbacks I've added to my shelves since 2019 began. I have a PROBLEM and I need HELP! xD

#BookLoverProbs

Helena of Eretz ✰ @SugarPlum :D

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω Lol book problems indeed. Sounds like you need to start shopping for more shelves xD And that a nice line-up good books to stave off the hangover. Hope it works!

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Lynn I do, but I might be moving soon, so I don’t want to invest in new furniture until I get there! 🙈 AND THANKS! I hope so, too lol!!! I mean, I love Laini Taylor, Cassie Clare and Leigh Bardugo, so it SHOULD work! ;)

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω Ahh gotcha. I don't envy moving your boxes of tomes then 😋 Mine are mostly pb, but heavy enough to move hehe. And yes, ideally it should work, and for your sake I hope it does. Binge on all the favs & trustworthy authors! 🙌

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Lynn UGH Moving is the WORST. Especially the packing part. I used to have paperbacks, but I move so much that they’d get damaged in moves. So I switched over to strictly hardbacks now. :) Yes, exactly! Although even they have to seriously bring it, in order to compete with Wicked King’s amazingness (except for Laini because I’ve already read STD and MON, which are brilliant)!!!

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω Yeah, I can imagine it is if you've done it a lot, which you definitely do lol. I've only done it twice, so I don't actually hate it. And call me weird, but I like the packing part xD It's the unpacking that drives me nuts. And yeah, I bet paperbacks don't hold up well for it. So sad. At least hardcovers are worth their price in sturdyness, even if we do grumble about it. Also if you do struggle with a slump, even with those fantastic reads, I'm sure it won't last long. You always seem to bounce back & tear through covers like a famished thing afterwards to make up lost time :P

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Lynn Wow, we’ve moved 18 times! :O But the unwrapping is the fast part! All the packing materials can then be binned! LOL I LITERALLY JUST LAUGHED OUT LOUD! And that’s true. Also, by that point, I’m going through reading withdrawals, so I just start devouring books like a fiend!

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω Eighteen times!!!! Omg that's a lot 😳 I can't imagine, though it sounds totally exciting. And pfft! The unpacking is fast if boxes don't get misplaced, etc and there's actually room to unpack even surrounded by stacks of boxes lol. The only part of it I enjoy is unpacking & reshelving my beautiful books 😍 And yay!! Glad to make you laugh 😁 Yes, yes you really do lol. For me, I'm slow to recover and just start with an appetizer book, the slowly move on to the soup and salad course, etc lol. I did devour books during the 2017 challenge. I think I only had one minor slump. If I can just do it again this year!

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Lynn YOU CAN DO IT!!! I BELIEVE IN YOU!!! I just know that 2019 will be a GREAT reading year for you!!! 😉

ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω Thank you!!! I'm feeling pretty good about it myself! 2019 WILL be fabulous 📚🎉

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Lynn YES IT WILL! ;)

message 23: by Rose (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rose Definitely the most accurate use of GIFS I have seen

Helena of Eretz ✰ Rose wrote: "Definitely the most accurate use of GIFS I have seen"

xD xD xD Thank youuuuu!!! My fangirly self thought that they were apropos!!!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

BLURB

The finale to the New York Times bestselling Folk of Air trilogy, that started with The Cruel Prince and The Wicked King, from award-winning author Holly Black.

After being pronounced Queen of Faerie and then abruptly exiled by the Wicked King Cardan, Jude finds herself unmoored, the queen of nothing. She spends her time with Vivi and Oak, watches her fair share of reality television, and does the odd job or two, including trying to convince a cannibalistic faerie from hunting her own in the mortal world.

When her twin sister Taryn shows up asking of a favor, Jude jumps at the chance to return to the Faerie world, even if it means facing Cardan, who she loves despite his betrayal.

When a dark curse is unveiled, Jude must become the first mortal Queen of Faerie and uncover how to break the curse, or risk upsetting the balance of the whole Faerie world

Helena of Eretz ✰ Ginny♥♡Have Courage and Be Kind♥♡ wrote: "BLURB

After being pronounced Queen..."

AHHHHHHHH!!! SO EXCITED!!!

message 27: by Raksha (new) - added it

Raksha R shit I needa catch up with this series!!

Helena of Eretz ✰ Raksha wrote: "shit I needa catch up with this series!!"

Eliza god damn she's beautiful

Helena of Eretz ✰ Eliza wrote: "god damn she's beautiful"

I know! I need it and I need it now!!! :D

message 31: by Raksha (new) - added it

Raksha R Helena wrote: "Raksha wrote: "shit I needa catch up with this series!!"

Luckily for you, the books are super-short in comparison with the likes of Leigh Bardugo and Cassie Clare! ;)"

THANK GOD! ahahaha

Helena of Eretz ✰ Raksha wrote: "Helena wrote: "Raksha wrote: "shit I needa catch up with this series!!"

THANK GOD! a..."

Just pick a day/weekend...and BINGE!!! <3

message 33: by Raksha (new) - added it

Raksha R Helena wrote: "Raksha wrote: "Helena wrote: "Raksha wrote: "shit I needa catch up with this series!!"

Luckily for you, the books are super-short in comparison with the likes of Leigh Bardugo and Cassie Clare! ;)..."

Sounds like a plan! XD

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Raksha I want to hear your thoughts when you finish them and then we can scream together!!!

message 35: by Raksha (new) - added it

Raksha R @Helena Definitely!!!! I'll message you as soon as I finish them!😂❤️

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Raksha GOOD! 😘

message 37: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma That is so pretty!!!

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Emma I know!!! My favourite part is the snake. 🐍 cough *TARYN* cough 😉

message 39: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma I'm so close to finishing the Cruel Prince!! It's so good!!

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Emma Agh, right?! If you think that’s good...just wait until you start the Wicked King!!! It’s even better!!!

message 41: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark <3!!

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Mark AGH SO EXCITED!!! 😍😍😍

message 43: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Helena wrote: "@Mark AGH SO EXCITED!!! 😍😍😍"

Haha I never would have guessed! ;) I'm trying to decide between this series, Nevernight (which of course you also rec'd), and Grishaverse to tackle next. Hmmm, choices.

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Mark All of which I adore! Nevernight is higher fantasy like Strange the Dreamer. Grishaverse is more mid-fantasy, on the lighter side. Folk of the Air is urban fantasy like the Mortal Instruments! What’re you in the mood for??? :D

flor ❁ I'm so excited omggg 😭😭

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Flor BEST GIFT EVER!!! I LOVE HOLLY SO MUCH!!! MY QUEEN!!! 👸🏻

message 47: by Mark (new) - added it

Mark Helena wrote: "@Mark All of which I adore! Nevernight is higher fantasy like Strange the Dreamer. Grishaverse is more mid-fantasy, on the lighter side. Folk of the Air is urban fantasy like the Mortal Instruments..."

Hmmm, maybe I'll try mid-fantasy first since it's a happy compromise :D. Thanks for the help!

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Mark Anytime!!! <3

message 49: by Hanna (new) - added it

Hanna I guess I have one more book on my tbr list for 2019 then hahahaha I was thinking of postponing the first two until 2020 so I wouldn't suffer, now I have no reason to.

Helena of Eretz ✰ @Hanna Now you can binge the entire thing!!! Lol if I had known, I’d have delayed reading Wicked King earlier in the year hahaha

« previous 1