JadaLynn's Reviews > Hard Flip

Hard Flip by Allyson Lindt

bookshelves: ebook

Mischa Dozniyov was a skateboarding champion with a bad boy reputation in his younger days. Now he’s trying to get his real estate business to next level but they're not taking him seriously because of his past. Then with no wife or family to show his contracts and company are now in trouble.
“Ash” Georgia Ashleigh Taylor is trying her hardest to take care of herself and fourteen-year-old sister Kelly, but being fired with no college education isn't helping. So when looking for a new job, She finds a tech flaw in their system so she breaks in. What happens when these two determined people who're down on their luck need each other to succeed?

I really enjoyed this book because I love to see the turmoil between in the characters as they try to make themselves successful while working out their feelings that they claim not to have for one another.
I was disappointed with the fact that the drama place in the book wasn’t extended like Mischa pass with Victoria they talked about it at the beginning, a couple small mentions but it wasn’t a real conclusion for her character. It just seems to move on after all her meddling and then a start of an open-ended story for her. As well as the problem with “Ash's” father was also mentioned but when they finally had there standoff moment it was not the epic battle as expected we got no answer about why her father did what he did. So I feel like there was no conclusion with this two characters who were the biggest conflicts in the book. They are easily both the big problems in the lives of our main protagonist.

This book’s storyline feels realistic at some points. So I just want to warn that with this realistic storyline the book leads to real life problems there are mentions of suicide and suicide attempts. They talk about toxics relationships and verbal abuse. In the book sexual intercourse between two unwed characters take place.

I especially appreciated that the book isn’t an instant love relationship it has problems many ups and downs. The characters had real problems and were extremely complex. All the characters have a past or a background story, That molded them into the characters we meet at the beginning of the books. There are twists and turns in the middle which had me on the edge of my seat in order to see what the secrets these characters were hiding.

“She felt good about that. No, not good. Incredible. And there was no other way she wanted things to be.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Flip.

January 5, 2018 – Started Reading