Nicki's Reviews > Worth Killing For

Worth Killing For by Jane Haseldine

Many many thanks to Jane Haseldine for sending me a proof copy of this gripping,riveting mystery.

Over thirty years ago when crime reporter Julia Gooden was seven years old,her nine year old brother Ben disappeared.Ben was Julia`s hero and protector and had promised that he would always take care of her.Even though the case went cold a long time ago,Julia has never given up hope of finding him.

Now the sudden reappearance of Julia`s conman father after three decades of absence offers vital clues but also makes Julia a target for those who intend to see Duke Gooden punished for his many crimes.

During the investigation into the death of a city councilman`s young nephew,Julia finds links to a string of other murders....and to a web of greed and kidnapping that stretches back decades.Is Julia finally going to discover what happened to Ben all those years ago and how much of her present is she willing to risk to get the answers she craves so badly?

OMG,this really is a very very good book,gripping,riveting,packed full of breath taking,heart pounding tension and danger.More twists and turns than a roller coaster including one major unexpected reveal that left me sitting in my comfy chair with my mouth hanging open in total shock.Riveting from the first page right through to the heart breaking,emotionally charged ending,the story saw me going through a mixed bag of emotions from anxiety,sadness and disgust to total disbelief at the lengths that some of the characters where willing to go to get from Julia the information they thought she knew about her father.Many of the characters in this story are not who they seem,some of them are very nasty,twisted individuals.I really like Julia,she`s tough and feisty but also has a vulnerable side due to her past.She can also find herself in some very dangerous situations due to her stubbornness and lack of regard for her own safety.Not that I'm complaining,as far as I'm concerned,the more action and dangerous,life threatening situations the more I like the book.

I love this brilliant series.Jane Haseldine`s words flow from the page with ease,taking the reader into Julia`s world,making you want to invest your time in her story and leaving you emotionally drained but wanting more when you finish the book.As I said,I love this series and can't wait to find out what Jane Haseldine has planned for Julia`s next adventure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Worth Killing For.

January 11, 2018 – Started Reading