Karen Mc 's Reviews > Ryan's Bed

Ryan's Bed by Tijan

bookshelves: ya, friends-to-lovers, high-school

That would be utopia. If everyone was kind, if everyone was worthy. If there were no hatred, pain, or suffering. If people couldn’t see someone’s skin color, quality of their clothes, where they lived. If nothing mattered except the heart and mind.

It’s not often when I sit and stare at the last line of a story I finished and am left STUNNED SPEECHLESS!!! Three days. It took me three days to process Tijan Meyer’s latest soul-clenching story and translate my emotions into words. This story was UNEXPECTED, so UTTERLY RAW and REAL that my emotions are still reeling from its impact. Ryan’s Bed is a book I dove into blindly but one that made me see. I KNEW that this broken and beautiful book would BREAK ME, and that it did. Ryan’s Bed cut me open and I’m still BLEEDING.

I was dead inside.

Told through the perspective of a teenage girl, Mackenzie, this novel tackles tragedy head on, unraveling emotions and secrets, while love finds its way into broken hearts that have begun to heal.

Mackenzie is the beautiful, bold, and broken teen heroine. She is wise beyond her years. Stuck in a family where secrets and emotions are buried and truths need to be set free, Mackenzie seeks an escape that she finds in Ryan.

"Everything else was flat, black and white, gray, dull, cold, and then I went to him, and it felt like the color was turned on.”

Ryan is gorgeous, smart, witty, and perceptive. He beacon of light in Mackenzie’s dark world. Ryan has a compassionate soul and I felt him soar through my soul. This hero has been through his own hell but is a survivor. Oh did I ADMIRE and love this heartfelt hero!!!

“You make me feel things I thought were gone.”

MacKenzie’s and Ryan's chemistry is UNDENIABLE. This hero and heroine are drawn together like a moth to a flame. Two broken souls searching for solace. Two broken hearts longing to become whole. Two beautiful souls connected by feels and perhaps fate.

“It’s only you.”

The PARALYZING INTENSITY of this heartwarming and heartbreaking book burned through me like fire. Poignant. Passionate. Powerful. I was GUTTED as Ryan’s Bed gripped my heart and shattered it to pieces!!! I full out sobbed ... chest-heaving sobs!!! My Kindle screen was covered in tears from this tornado in words that struck my soul, as Ryan’s Bed tore me apart.

Ryan’s Bed tackles tough issues. Ryan’s Bed is not simply a story—it’s a journey of shining after shattering. It’s healing after heartbreak. It’s bits of ugly woven with bits of beauty. It’s one of those WOW stories that slices you to shreds, baring you open, as the story bares itself to you. It’s an EMOTIONAL HIGH. It’s EVERYTHING!!!

Tijan’s words aren't just part of a story you're reading: They are an experience...a journey YOU LIVE and FEEL. I FELT this story’s spirit seize and squeeze my soul. My heart split open where every emotion absorbed every word. I felt every emotion that the hero and heroine felt; their hauntingly beautiful love story was mine.

This was nothing what I expected, it was so much MORE! I bestow all the stars in the constellation to the EMOTIONALLY INTENSE Ryan’s Bed!!! This heartfelt tale is my first 6-STAR STORY this year, the highest for my blog, for those books that are worth the constellation of stars. Ryan’s Bed is not only my FIRST TOP 2018 read but it’s a TOP LIFETIME READ too.

THANK YOU, Tijan, for bringing this vision to light. Thank you for your bravery in bringing this book to readers. Thank you for making this story feel so real. Thank you for this soul-stirring story. An evocative and emotionally-wound journey of heartbreak and healing, Ryan’s Bed leaves a lasting mark on the soul. This HEARTBREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL book broke me in the best way and is one that I’ll remember forever.

You can’t battle someone who’s lost everything.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 but worth all the HEARTBREAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL STARS

Website: http://www.bookaliciousbabes.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bookaliciousb...
Readers Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/BBBBoo...
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bookaliciousbb
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bookaliciousbb

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ryan's Bed.

January 10, 2018 – Shelved
January 11, 2018 – Started Reading
January 11, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 21, 2018 – Shelved as: ya
January 21, 2018 – Shelved as: friends-to-lovers
January 21, 2018 – Shelved as: high-school

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Elaine (new) - added it

Elaine I want the feels too. This one is on my February list of reads

message 2: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Morales-Lafaille Wow what an outstanding review I can feel your emotions like your close to crying towards the end of it.