CaseyTheCanadianLesbrarian's Reviews > Wrong to Need You

Wrong to Need You by Alisha Rai

Jan 12, 2018

bookshelves: east-asian, fiction, bisexual, own, reading-in-colour, romance
Read from January 10 to 12, 2018

Tbh, I didn't enjoy this one quite as much as the first in the series, which is a bit disappointing since it has a bi heroine that I was excited about, but I still really liked it! There was just something about their dynamic that didn't 100% jive for me, even though I really liked them both individually. Falling in love with your sibling's widow/er seems to be a common romance trope, but I thought this book did a great job of actually tackling it realistically, while also lovingly fleshing out both of the characters. There's more great family dynamics stuff in here too, especially Sadia's. Plus: both heroine/hero are POC!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrong to Need You.

01/10 marked as: currently-reading
01/12 marked as: read

Ilyse Kramer I’m sorry you didn’t like this one as much. Personally, I liked this one better. Although both are great, and can’t wait for book 3, and the wedding!! My big tear up moment was at the finale family dinner scene, when Sam said, “but I lucked out with my daughter...”

CaseyTheCanadianLesbrarian Aw! Yeah honestly many of the scene with Grandpa John were tear jerkers for me. I'm also excited for the third book to come out! And I totally guessed who the couple was before I read the synopsis which made me feel proud of myself.

Jenny (Reading Envy) And that cover!!

Ilyse Kramer Me too, I was fist pumping during that dinner when they began wedding planning
:-)

Ilyse Kramer And meant Grandpa John, that’s what happens when I read two books in 24 hours a month ago

CaseyTheCanadianLesbrarian omg yes the cover is so sexy

CaseyTheCanadianLesbrarian I knew what you meant!