JustJen "Miss Conduct"'s Reviews > Black Dragon's Blood

Black Dragon's Blood by Anita Philmar

Oct 19, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: audio, paranormal, started-but-c-w-ouldn-t-finish

Uck. I didn't get very far before I had to stop. Dragon man wants to marry Dragon woman so she can have as many babies as he wants. She doesn't want this but cannot resist him. They have sex and she is immediately and miraculously pregnant. Turns out that the baby needs the sperm of the father continuously for the first six months in order to survive. So, more sex. Almost continuous, non-stop sex, with way too many adjectives used. There is a side story on the Dragon woman's part about needing to find her first husband's (this Dragon man is her third) murderer who, by murdering her Dragon husband, in turn, by depriving it of the needed sperm, killed their Dragon baby. It is totally overshadowed by the repetitious sex with the current Dragon husband.

At times, this feels historical, while other descriptions make it sound futuristic as though it couldn't decide what it wanted to be. Perhaps I would have done better without the audio version of this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Black Dragon's Blood.