Kathie's Reviews > Winter Solstice

Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher

Oct 18, 2011

Read from October 18 to November 14, 2011

I can't help it, I have to give Rosamund Pilcher's books a 5 star rating. They are set in the United Kingdom (England, Scotland) so that immediately makes it a favorite read. Having been to England twice I can return there in her books. Her character development is bar-none. She paints pictures with words: the weather, the landscape, the person, their clothes, the event. I am drawn in so easily and find myself planted in Creagan, Scotland, looking up the lane at a mansion, feeling the cold wind across the sea, or crossing the square past the church to the market, and setting the kettle to boil for a cup of tea. She wrote Shell Seekers and I just re-read September earlier this year. This book is another wonderful story of Elfrida and her friend Oscar and all the drop-in guests they get for Christmas. I LOVED it!! NOTE: My sister Lona tells me this genre could be considered romance because the definition of a romance novel is a story of the way we would like to see the world or our lives OR the story of a Hero. I would love to live in Rosamund Pilcher's world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter Solstice.

02/27/2016 marked as: read