J.Elle's Reviews > Stork

Stork by Wendy Delsol

208599
Oct 18, 2011

it was ok

Katla’s mom has just moved her from L.A. to Minnesota (which could be Alaska for how much the author details the cold and snow) and indeed, I was even thinking it was Alaska until I just checked a summary of the book. Anyway, Katla misses “civilization” and laments the move, until she’s summoned to a secret meeting of a “stork society” which is comprised of all women who recommend and vote on the placing of souls (new babies) into “vessels”. Yes, that seems strange and Katla thinks so too, but the women insist she is supposed to be part of the society. One of the women, Katla’s new friend’s grandmother, seems intent on Katla not being part of the storks and when Katla has a few brushes with danger, she immediately suspects this woman. Throw in two boys who are competing for Katla’s affection, one of whom she has a history with that she had forgotten about and you have an okay book. I’m just not sure if I’m interested enough to look for the next one. Okay, I just read a synopsis of the next one Frost and the answer is no. You’ll have to let me know if I’m missing out on anything. And also, please explain why the girl on the cover of Frost looks nothing like the girl on the cover of this book. I am really, really hoping we are not supposed to believe it's Katla on both covers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stork.