Danica Page (One Page at a Time)'s Reviews > Shooting Stars

Shooting Stars by Allison Rushby

My Overall Impressions/ Thoughts: First off, I'm going to say that I'm so glad this novel comes out tomorrow because I think you should all read it.

From the moment I saw the cover and read the synopsis, I wanted to read this book and so I'm so glad that I got to read it through Netgalley. I went in with really high expectations and they were met.

This novel is a really compelling realistic contemporary novel about growing up and being who you want to be.

I loved Jo's character and her voice. She was a character that I could easily relate to and sympathize with. Her dilemma of whether or not to take the job to take undercover pictures was one that I could understand. I loved Rushby's writing style. I really felt like I was in Jo's head the entire time.

I read this novel in one sitting and was absolutely enthralled with the story. I kept trying to force myself to read faster and faster, because I was just so into the novel. This novel was a cute read on the surface--but this novel touched upon some deeper issues that really caused me to reflect and think.

So yes, this novel is a good (mostly lighthearted) read that was comical and cheesy and cute, but it was also so much more than that.

I loved the characters in this novel. And I loved the chemistry between Ned and Jo. Ned was definitely a guy that I could find myself crushing on.

I was really impressed with this story and will definitely be keeping my eye out for other books by this author. Thankfully she has a lot of other ones for me to choose from.

In Summary: I really enjoyed reading this novel. It was cute and very well-written, and had me hooked from the beginning.

For my extended review, click here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shooting Stars.