Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘'s Reviews > Three Blind Dates

Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn

I'm laughing so hard at myself right now because how do you possibly review a book you've disrespected so much? You see, when I started Three Blind Dates yesterday it was already past midnight. On a school night. Hours of school during which I can't doze off because, wellllllll, I'm the teacher??? Night before the first school day of 2018, and I dived. right. in.

Alright, now I guess I do see how terrible my decision-making has been, from the very beginning. But what can I say, I do own my fucks-up, so there : this review is not brought to you by a saw-the-light, changed-her-horrendous-ways Anna. Oh, no. This review is brought to you by the unapologetic Anna who's skimmed large bunches of the book because she fucking could and who does not regret it from one second

... and still stamps a 4 stars on it because not to be cocky, but I rocked that skimming like a queen.

Okay okay what do you need to know about Three Blind Dates before diving in, you ask? Hmm. Noelie, the main character, who's obviously single, because duh, agrees to go to three blind dates through that new shiny app whose name I don't recall (I read at night, okay? God).

The Suit.
The Rebel.
The Jock.

And one of them is the One.

I know I know I know laugh your damn full, no offense taken - I'm laughing right there with you. How could it be more ridiculous right? RIGHT?

Wrong.

Because you see, as much as Noelie connects with these three men - on different levels - there is always this little something that makes their relationship-to-be stumble.

~ mild spoilers, I suppose ~

(not sure about that at all - does not qualify as spoilery to me but I'm still getting YOU'VE RUINED MY CHILDHOOD! comments on one of my reviews so I might be a bit prudent, can you blame me)

( NO, I'm not telling you who she ends up with, Jeez. )

OkaysoSuitRebelJockSomethingSomething ---But then, but then, BUT THEN, there's a mystery man, I KID YOU NOT, who starts messaging her to try and get a second chance, in a true You've Got Mail manner (and not like this horrible "retelling" I've read last year, what was it, oh, yeah, Alex, Approximately, you fucker, I still want my time back, ugh). And it was FABULOUS - I smiled, I laughed, I felt, as a friend recently put it - I escaped. Now that's what I want from my romance novels so why is it so hard to find? WHY? I mean in what possible way abusive assholes could be an escape, and no, strangling them and getting a few years in jail definitely does NOT count as an escape?? Jesus.

So what did I skim, then? Hmmmm. I'll only say this : I've been wanting for the mystery guy to be a certain someone from the moment I met him and I really couldn't care less for all the filler to get to him, soooooo... I went through a little heart-to-heart with myself, inspected my soul (I needed to be sure she was on board before committing this reading felony), looked at the clock (4 am, damn it!) and skimmed everything that didn't seem relevant.

I know, I know, I'm bad. Like, really bad and I don't deserve to be called a reviewer and no no no not the review police noooooo. I'M GUILTY BUT I HAVE A SOUL!!!! All this character development, to the trash. All these friendship moments crafted to be funny (but not so much for me, ugh, sorry), gone. I was a woman on a mission and mystery man I reached. In all honesty, I'm not even a slightly bit ashamed : I took what I wanted, what I needed from Three Blind Dates and in the end, I freaking loved it.

I was punished, though : after stopping at 70% (I suppose that as an adult - don't snort - I felt like my two remaining hours of sleep were nonnegotiable) I obviously couldn't fall asleep (yes, today was a bitch, thanks for asking). Yet what better end for a caffeine-filled, all kind of exhausting day that the last 30% of pure happiness? NO-THING.

Why, yes, I'm definitely going to start new books from Meghan Quinn. I guess I'll have to watch the clock more closely, is all.

PS. If you end not liking mystery man, god, I'm sorry, let me offer you a big cup of good taste (I KID OKAY) (DON'T HATE ME) (BUT I'M SO RARELY ROMANTIC, I'M PROTECTIVE) (YES THE ENDING WAS CHEESY AS HELL SO W H A T)

PS2. I swear I'm not writing this review to prove I have a heart.

Much.

For more of my reviews, please visit:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Blind Dates.

January 8, 2018 – Started Reading
January 8, 2018 – Shelved
January 8, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)

Melissa (Ever So Mela) I don't know how this works, me adding a book where you skimmed but yup. It happening lol

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Melissa (Ever So Mela) wrote: "I don't know how this works, me adding a book where you skimmed but yup. It happening lol"

YEEEEEEEEES DO IIIIIIIT

Vero If you approved it with 4 stars, that means its my next book. No pressure...

message 4: by Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (last edited Jan 08, 2018 10:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Vero wrote: "If you approved it with 4 stars, that means its my next book. No pressure..."
The pressure is real LMAO. I hope you like my mystery man 💖💖💖.... No pressure as welllll XD

Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) I missed your reviews so much!

message 6: by Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (last edited Jan 09, 2018 03:59AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) wrote: "I missed your reviews so much!
(and sorry but LMAO " I'm still getting YOU'VE RUINED MY CHILDHOOD! comments on one of my reviews so I might be a bit prudent, can you blame me", which one?)"

Thank youuuuuu <33 Also it's *whispers* Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. I've reached GR because most of the people commenting are freaking kids and I don't want to interact with kids??? But yeah omg I attract comments there lmao, I keep deleting them but THEY KEEP COMING

message 7: by Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) (last edited Jan 09, 2018 04:58AM) (new)

Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) I jusy read the review and the comments... THE COMMENTS! I'm pissing myself laughing, people are looking at me in a very weird way (i'm in the street) and I was this close to post a STOP RUINING MY CHILDHOOD comment while I was dying choking on my own laughter but I don't think it would help much... :''')))

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) wrote: "I jusy read the review and the comments... THE COMMENTS! I'm pissing myself laughing, people are looking at me in a very weird way (i'm in the street) and I was this close to post a STOP RUINING MY..."

Bahahaha trust me I get it XD And just THINK that I removed TONS of them, they kept coming it was unreal. Did you notice how I shifted gears when I realized some commentors were 8 years old? *hides* I messaged GR with something like, THERE ARE 8 YEARS OLD INSULTING ME WHY ARE THEY HERE DO SOMETHING I'M NOT ARGUING WITH 8 YEARS OLD FFS XD They removed the comments, lol.

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ *Also for some context* the "capy cat" comment is because at the time I had a picture with cats LMAO

Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) wrote: "Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) wrote: "I jusy read the review and the comments... THE COMMENTS! I'm pissing myself laughing, people are looking at me in a very weird way (i'm in the street) and I was..."

Hahahaha yes, i've seen the shift! "hum hi, I've just noticed you were 8" xD
Seriously though, how SCARY is that? Being harassed by children? It sounds fun, said like that, and I did laugh a lot but I was so glad it wasn't me in the middle of this shitstorm! They're EVERYWHERE! WHY ARE THEY EVEN HERE?

Well, good to know that GR doesn't back off from putting 8 year old back in line but do fuck all for racist comments, thanks GR! (sorry, but GR really makes me angry always sometimes and I can't help but rant, ignore me).

Thanks for the "capy cat" explanation! I didn't get it when I read the comment! xDD

message 11: by Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (last edited Jan 09, 2018 01:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) wrote: "Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) wrote: "Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) wrote: "I jusy read the review and the comments... THE COMMENTS! I'm pissing myself laughing, people are lookin..."

I know right??? It was really sobering to realize that the kids behind the logins had the same age as my pupils ://

Also yeah I AM SO PISSED AT THAT AS WELL. More generally I can't stand the way everything is branded as an 'opinion' these days - admittedly this is why I've had a very hard time with US medias and their 'let's hear both sides' fuckery (not saying we're not doing shitty things in France - we ARE - but at least some are prohibited by law)

Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ wrote: "Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) wrote: "Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE) wrote: "Sarah (thegirltheycalljones) wrote: "I jusy read the review and the comments... THE COMMENTS! I'm pissi..."

They're like a flock of birds (the irony) coming from everywhere and dropping guilt-inducing comments with a lot of typos!
I don't want to sound like an asshole, but well, they're way too young to have an internet access... #oldbat

Oh yes, the famous "freedom of speech". It seems we don't even know what it means anymore. These past years, this concept is an excuse for everything... whether it be here on GR or in the whole world!

message 13: by Liza (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liza OMG, this was one hilarious review! Loved it!

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Liza wrote: "OMG, this was one hilarious review! Loved it!"

Thank you!!! :D

Emer (A Little Haze) God damn you I'm adding yet another fluff book because of how much you made me laugh with this review!!!

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ LMAO I AM GUILTY AM I

Marla Mei Currently reading this because of this review!! ❤

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ Marla Mei wrote: "Currently reading this because of this review!! ❤"

YAY!!!! Let me know what you think <333