Crystal ♥ RBtWBC's Reviews > The Wrong Kind of Love

The Wrong Kind of Love by Lexi Ryan

4.5 Stars

Author Lexi Ryan delivers an intoxicating tale of betrayal, deceit, absolution, and second-chances in her new contemporary romance, The Wrong Kind of Love!

Nicole (Nic) is ready to start her new life and have the family she has always dreamed of. The day before her wedding though, she hears a mysterious conversation from her husband-to-be. Should she confront him or is it just pre-wedding jitters making her doubt herself? That decision is taken from her when her twin sister, Veronica, is ill on the wedding dais and an affair between her and Nic's fiance is revealed. With nowhere to turn, Nic finds herself in the small town of Jackson Harbor where she temporarily assumes the identity of her duplicitous twin. With her heart on the line, can Nic keep up the farce despite a promise made?

The Wrong Kind of Love was a captivating story and a terrific start to The Boys of Jackson Harbor series. Brimming with passion, heartache, loyalty and humor, I simply could not put this book down! Nic hasn't led an easily life, and just when she thinks it's starting to turn around, everything comes crashing down around her. Despite all of that though, Nic has a big, loving heart. She was an engaging character that I couldn't help but admire. When she's put in the uncomfortable position of lying for a good reason, her struggle is palpable. Ethan was an interesting character as well. All hot and broody. The circumstances of his previous marriage are a mystery for a majority of the book, but you know from the start that it wasn't all pleasant. He's a devoted dad though to his daughter Lily, and there were several sweet (and swoon worthy) moments of the father-daughter duo together. Ethan is instantly suspicious of Nic, maybe it has something to do with their steamy encounter the night before her employment. Or maybe it has to do with the secrets that he knows she hiding. But those suspicions can't contend with the deep attraction he feels toward her. The sexual tension practically sizzles from the pages when these two are in the same room together, and it will leave you tingling in all of the right places! Nic and Ethan's chemistry is powerful, and they made the perfect pair. I adored them.

The town of Jackson Harbor itself, was a fun little quaint community full of your usual nosy body and well-intending citizens. I thoroughly enjoyed the Jackson family itself. They were a charming and rambunctious lot, and I look forward to more of their stories. All in all, The Wrong Kind of Love was a fun, sexy, and tender love story. There were heart-breaking and amorous moments that kept me emotionally engaged throughout, and beloved characters that I could easily connect with. Well, except one.... Even at the end, when Veronica (Nic's twin sister) somewhat redeems herself, I never could find it in me to like her, let alone forgive her actions. However, I loved every moment of this story, and recommend it to all contemporary romance fans!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrong Kind of Love.

January 8, 2018 – Shelved