Sunny's Reviews > Off the Grid

Off the Grid by Monica McCarty

Monica McCarty comes roaring back with book two in the Lost Platoon series. Off the Grid is a quintessential romantic suspense book featuring a highly likable hero and a smart, self-reliant heroine who is investigating the mysterious death of her brother. Her well-meaning efforts to uncover his disappearance inadvertently puts the surviving squad, who are hiding while investigating the explosion that killed half their platoon, in jeopardy. John Donovan is assigned by his lieutenant to get her to stop digging. Brandon, Brittany's brother, was John's best friend. He resorts to questionable means to do so and ends up exploiting her long-standing crush on him. Her efforts also attract the attention of some unsavory folks involved in the original attack on the SEAL Team. John and Brittany's efforts to outrun the villains provide fist-clenching tension that surely will appeal to any suspense fan.

My favorite part of the book, however, is the on-going storyline between Colt and Kate. I am partial to impossible relationships and I am really looking forward to seeing how Ms. Marty unravels the impossible knot of THIS relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Off the Grid.

January 7, 2018 – Shelved
January 7, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 14, 2018 – Started Reading
June 15, 2018 –
32.0% "Boy, Colt is really a jerk. I can't wait for his story. He better have a good grovel."
June 16, 2018 – Finished Reading