Shalini's Reviews > The Wrong Man

The Wrong Man by Kate White

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read January 8, 2018.

The case of the mistaken identity
Kit, a successful interior designer in her thirties, decides to bring a change into her life and take more risks, to live life to the fullest. She meets a man in Florida during her vacation, and on the return back home, realizes that she has been conned. He is not who he said he was, and now there is another man who says he is the real he. Ultimately who is he, the man in Florida and the man in New York?
This book by Kate White has a lot of twists, the road to solving a hidden identity is never straight. I liked how Kate has etched her main character, Kit, she is intelligent, strong and independent and determined enough to risk everything to get to the truth.
The book is fast paced where the chapters flow smoothly. The other characters well play their part. The book works well as a romantic suspense. It is not a psychological thriller, but Kate has kept the tension flowing with the secret hidden in layers.
I am no fan of romance generally and in a book, which was essentially a thriller, the romance niggled me, and I skipped over those parts to get to the main mystery.
A good fast read on a slow Sunday evening.
I received an ARC from NetGalley and publisher, Canelo, and this is my honest and unbiased opinion

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wrong Man.

Finished Reading (ebook Edition)
January 7, 2018 – Shelved
January 7, 2018 – Shelved (ebook Edition)
January 8, 2018 – Started Reading