Misstdennis's Reviews > The Invasion of the Tearling

The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen

bookshelves: owned-books, favorites

without a doubt, this book deserves all the stars in the universe.
5/5

“You can defend your kingdom, or you can defend your people, Majesty. You don’t have the manpower to do both at once.”
“People are more important than land.”

Holy shit, this book may have taken me 57 years to read(okay, maybe 5 days) thanks to my lingering and unwanted flu, but this had me hooked from the very first page and I never wanted to put this down!
THIS BOOK IS FUCKING GENIUS
Someone save my soul because I'm low key dying right now.

I absolutely adored where this story was heading and the split stories between the past and present was just so damn good.
Like holy shit that ending like what the fuccckkk. I legitimately read that last sentence and felt utterly shooketh.
I'm still having heart palpitations right now and my palms are still perspiring profusely.

If you're yet to pick this book up, I highly suggest you do so, but please be mindful that this book depicts mental & physical abuse and rape. Although I thought those parts of the book were very important, it's also quite confronting and real.

Those topics aside, I think Queen Kelsea, the main protagonist is an utter ruthless bad-ass and I would give my left arm to meet her. Seriously.
I cannot wait to pick up The Fate of the Tearling and consume every inch of that story.

I love this series. It has become my very existence.
description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invasion of the Tearling.

January 7, 2018 – Shelved
January 7, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
January 14, 2018 – Shelved as: owned-books
January 16, 2018 – Started Reading
January 16, 2018 –
page 100
17.36% "I love this book, I just love it so much."
January 17, 2018 –
page 127
22.05% "Just. Want. To. Keep. Reading. Forever."
January 17, 2018 –
page 240
41.67% "This is good... this is so good"
January 18, 2018 –
page 361
62.67% "Damn Kelsea, you a boss ass bitch"
January 19, 2018 –
page 396
January 19, 2018 –
page 445
77.26% "Good lord this book is juicy"
January 20, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
January 23, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Olivia Love this series! Currently reading the last book!

Misstdennis Olivia wrote: "Love this series! Currently reading the last book!"

omg this book was SO GOOD!!!

Misstdennis Meghan wrote: "I read this series before I became really active on goodreads.. And i hate myself for not doing proper reviews for these books. This series is such a gem! Wonderful review! The finale is greaaat!! ..."

I know what you mean! I have so many books that I’ve read before I signed up to GR! So many have missed out on reviews hahah.

I can’t wait! I’m going to break it up with a few stand alone then pick up the last one! I’m so excited!