T.R. Graves's Reviews > Everlasting

Everlasting by Alyson Noel

Oct 17, 2011

Everlasting by Alyson Noel.The final book of The Immortals Series is the perfect ending to a series filled with love, hate, romance, passion, regret, and the effects (positive and negative) of karma.

We've known for a while that Ever, Damen, and Jude have met in each of their lifetimes. This book opens us up to the possibility that everyone lives the same life over and over until they get it right, and the karma from our past keeps haunting us until we've made amends to those wronged...and the universe.

Traveling down Ever's road, we find an entire population of people who have gotten caught up in - and keep getting caught up in - her cosmic adventure, one which includes auras, witches, telepathy, apothecary, and magic. Equally obvious is Ever's desire to go to heaven (to join her family) and her fear of landing in hell (lost an alone) for the choices she makes.

Like the rest of the books in the series, Ever and Damen are ignorant when it comes to the impact of their slip-ups. Because of this, they are prevented from journeying toward the world of enlightenment they claim to seek. Worse, they make the same blunders over and over. Some of their worst mistakes are made when they try to do what they think is best for the other.

As in life, some of the characters are memorable, and others are not. By far, my favorite characters of the series are Riley and Jude. If I were writing this story, they would become soul mates in their next life.

This final book rights most wrongs while hinting at a new series...or even a seventh book. It will be interesting to see which wins out.

T.R. Graves
Warriors of the Cross
Guardians of the Cross
Enemies of the Cross
Left
Grave Bound
Underground

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everlasting.

message 1: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica how did you like this series?

T.R. Graves It's not my favorite of all time, but it's a story that's kept me interested and coming back time after time. I have some friends who really, really love it, and I actually began reading the series based on their recommendations.

Let me know your thoughts.

message 3: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica well I read the first book and liked it, not loved it but liked it enough to want to read the second one. But I heard that the series just gets worse and worse after the first.