Bookbesties's Reviews > The Darkest Star

The Darkest Star by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sep 11, 2018

bookshelves: to-read

I find myself sucked back into the wonderful world that Jennifer has created with the Luxen, Origin and Hybrids, oh my with The Darkest Star.
This book basically picks up 5 years or so after the last book in the Lux novels; Opposition leaves off. The invasion has ended we see Evie, a young human girl going to a nightclub with her friend where Luxen are known to frequent. What could go wrong? Enter Luc, Luc is hot, young and infuriating to say the least and naturally Evie can't stand him, but at the same time is drawn to him in some strange way. From the moment GO, Evie was thrown into a crazy world where Luxen and Humans co living are not the only things she has to worry about. Luc is bad news the most powerful of all the Origins ever, she has seen him kill without breaking a sweat, Evie knows this, but she can't seem to stay away from him and he as a familiarity with her that she finds disturbing. When Friends turn to enemies and kids start going missing, then turn up dead, Evie thinks she has seen the worst, but Evie's life is blown apart and threatened all in the span of 48 hours Luc will stop at nothing to protect what's his. Luc gave me SERIOUS Professor Snape vibes while showing off his sensitive side to Evie and it MELTED me every time.
Jennifer sucked me back in both humor, fells and some good old fashion smoldering kisses like she so so good at! I can't wait for the next book and delve more into this awesome new world!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Star.

January 6, 2018 – Shelved