Joy Rancatore's Reviews > Blue

Blue by Joyce Moyer Hostetter

INCREDIBLE!!

I already knew from watching the book trailer and talking to a friend who had read it that I would enjoy this book; but I was not prepared for just how much I would fall in love with Ann Fay Honeycutt, Junior Bledsoe, Imogene Wilfong and Joyce Moyer Hostetter's captivating writing style. If I had a full afternoon to devote to reading, this book would have been read in three hours--I did NOT want to put it down!

Blue presents not only survival during the atrocities of WWII and the devastating toll of a polio epidemic in the United States, but also a blossoming of imagination, dreams and courage in the midst of it all. Ann Fay Honeycutt becomes the "man of the house" when her father joins the war, but she has no idea the hardships she's putting on with those blue overalls or the challenges she will face with her mother and younger siblings.

This book is now on the shelf of my heart that holds my childhood's dearest novels, and I'm anxious to share it with my younger reader friends as well as my adult friends who enjoy a truly great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue.

October 17, 2011 – Shelved
November 7, 2011 – Started Reading
November 7, 2011 –
page 27
13.5% ""I didn't go anywhere, really. But I was never in the same place after that either." 14"
November 15, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-1 of 1 (1 new)

Carol Baldwin "I told you so!"