Sofia Sundfors's Reviews > Ascension

Ascension by Zoe  Parker

bookshelves: abuse, adult, fate, kickassness, magic, myth-creatures, romance, royalty, vampires, shifters, sex
Read 4 times. Last read October 18, 2018 to October 19, 2018.

This book is: not as good as the first book, but almost, and I love it.

The plot is: great. It fills in a lot of gaps that the previous book left readers with and creates a few more for the following book(s) to reveal. Although, this book feels to me like a bridge between the hell readers (that is, the book's characters) got to encounter in book one, and what the books to follow will be about. Nothing, at the same time as everything, happens in this book, and it just reads like a "bridge/springboard" to the following book(s) to me. Some of you might disagree, and you are welcome to do so.

The beginning is: enjoyable.

The middle is: crazy and great!

The crescendo is:... I have honestly no idéa. I can't really remember a specific moment that I would truly classify as a crescendo, but, I might just have a terrible memory. If you have read the book, and have a crescendo in mind, please leave a comment and tell me about it!

The finish/ending is: cliff-hanger-ish...? It does not really bother me, but it leaves one hanging.

The characters are: fantastic.

Would I recommend this book? Yes/no? Why/why not? Yes. Although, readers might find some content triggering (so, do not read if you are under the age of 18).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.

January 5, 2018 – Started Reading