Lisa Vegan's Reviews > Now & Ben: The Modern Inventions of Benjamin Franklin

Now & Ben by Gene Barretta

As somebody currently mourning the recent change to standard time from daylight savings time, kudos to Franklin for first suggesting daylight savings time!

This book can’t help but be interesting, given that it covers many of Franklin’s valuable inventions, creations, and contributions, all still with us today in their original or adapted forms.

Overall, the book is very interesting, though I think it has a really stupid last line and last page of illustrations, but maybe that page appeals to kids; it probably does. Overall, it’s a worthy tribute to the man and makes clear how amazing he was.

The illustrations fill the pages, which are very busy with much to look at, text as well as pictures. The pictures are detailed, colorful and vivid, and informative.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Now & Ben.

October 17, 2011 – Shelved
November 11, 2011 – Started Reading
November 11, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Thanks for bringing this book to my attention, Lisa. I might have to buy it for the grandkids. Of course, I'll read it first. LOL!

Lisa Vegan Kathy, Definitely read it (and mist books) first. But I think it would be a good gift book. How old are your grandchildren now?

message 3: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Lisa wrote: "Kathy, Definitely read it (and mist books) first. But I think it would be a good gift book. How old are your grandchildren now?"

Older granddaughter is 10 and younger one is 2, so I was thinking of it for the 10-yr-old as a good introduction to Benjamin Franklin and his amazing inventions.

Lisa Vegan Kathy wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Kathy, Definitely read it (and mist books) first. But I think it would be a good gift book. How old are your grandchildren now?"

Older granddaughter is 10 and younger one is 2, so I w..."

10 is a great age, and it will be there for the 2 year old when they're older.

Lisa Vegan Chandra wrote: "You don't like the earlier night? I love this time of year, but Josh mourns the loss of extra daylight."

Hate it!!! I love the extra daylight. I hate short days but especially hate how it gets dark so early. Ah well. Looking forward to daylight savings time again.

message 6: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy Lisa wrote: "Kathy wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Kathy, Definitely read it (and mist books) first. But I think it would be a good gift book. How old are your grandchildren now?"

Older granddaughter is 10 and younger on..."

That's what I was thinking, too.