Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)'s Reviews > The Case of the Killer Divorce

The Case of the Killer Divorce by Barbara Venkataraman

I was missing Jamie Quinn from Book 1 that I dove into Book 2 of the series the other day. I enjoy the author’s writing style and feel she does a good job of constructing moving stories that flow well, I was just left wanting a whole lot more from this one.

Jamie is back to work as a family law attorney, her client’s husband winds up dead. Again, she is stuck assisting a criminal case and entrusts her contacts from Book 1. In this book we also are introduced to two new characters (Jamie’s dad and a love interest).

It is a novella, and reads very quickly: it could have been longer and I wouldn’t have minded that as I like the characters she creates. I don’t think it was rushed per se, just more effort to leave us hanging at spots in the story would have worked. All this is because I like Jamie’s character and enjoy reading the author’s work.

You don’t have to read Book 1 to understand Book 2: but I don’t recommend reading Book 2 as a standalone. Book 1 and 2 are short where a few hours effort and you will have both finished.

I am off to start Book 3 now! (There are 5 in the Jamie Quinn series)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Case of the Killer Divorce.

January 4, 2018 – Shelved