Remy Sharp's Reviews > Postcards From the Edge

Postcards From the Edge by Carrie Fisher

I've now read two Carrie Fisher books and I've loved them both. She is…was such a superb author chock full of quotable lines.

This novel is structured differently to anything I've read so far (which isn't saying a great deal) starting as postcards, then as a she says/he says diary, then as "typical" third person. The book itself is also split into parts that remind me of an indie movie from the 90s (which I think it actually became) whose style is very much a monologue of the protagonist.

I really enjoyed following along the character of Suzanne Vale. The only chapter/part I struggled a little with was Dysphoria, which felt much more like a gossip paper about Hollywood - it's not that it wasn't good, just that some of the reference and lifestyle was a little beyond my being able to connect.

All in all though, I love Fishers prose and I love that reading on the Kindle lets me highlight as I go along (37 highlights from this book!).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Postcards From the Edge.

January 4, 2018 – Shelved
January 4, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
June 16, 2018 – Started Reading
June 17, 2018 –
62.0% "Just finished the chapter entitled "Dreaming Outside Your Head". Wonderful, beautiful writing. I kept highlighting likes that I loved, but the entire chapter was beautiful."
June 21, 2018 – Finished Reading