Twinsie Talk Angie J's Reviews > Smolder on a Slow Burn

Smolder on a Slow Burn by Lynda J. Cox

3.75 stars but rounded up

Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

I love Historical books, but I have never tried a Western Historical and jumped when given the chance. I mean you will never know until you try I right??

This book was interesting in that it interweaves real life history with a made-up hero and heroine. We get to read about the Civil War while also having the author embellish stories to go with the history of the time.
We meet Allison as she is about to miss her train. She is on the run from some bad men when a not so polite gentleman pulls her onto the train she is chasing after. The two spend some tie together in an inappropriate way given she is a single woman without a chaperone.

AJ is stunned by the beauty he pulled in to his cargo railcar, but he can’t look at her. Since his wife Cathy has passed he can’t get over everything especially the guilt that he is why she is gone.

The two ends up running for some bad guys when Allison’s past is spilled. As the two are running they slowly discover the attraction they have plus the few stolen kisses makes it impossible to walk away from the other….especially after the tub scene. That was one of the funniest parts of the book. AJ was pretty determined, and Allison was not about to be tempted. The following meal conversation about his planned seduction was funny too. Allison is no wallflower like she claims and pretty much tells AJ the way it is and isn’t going to be. Gotta love a strong woman!!! When she tells him “It’s not sleeping that gets people into trouble. It’s what happens when they’re awake!” so cracked me up!! But then when AJ offers us his whole heart…. “Allison, I have nothing to offer you other then myself. I am offering you my whole heart, all my love, and my unswerving loyalty.” I did kinda swoon bit. How the heck do you NOT!!!

I liked that both characters had secret and both characters had some of the same enemies and how it all intertwined together.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Smolder on a Slow Burn.

January 4, 2018 – Started Reading