Sara's Reviews > The House on Foster Hill

The House on Foster Hill by Jaime Jo Wright

bookshelves: 2018-reads, own

With this being Jaime Jo Wright debut novel, I can definitely say that I hope she has more on the way! She has a way with words and nothing is missed in the details, from the first word to the very last page. On the edge of my seat is truly how I would describe this riveting book. With two storylines that intertwine together and flow across time periods, it captivates your heart and sense of adventure. One minute I was processing the scene, the next I was haunted by the words and at other times, hopeful for love. Just when I was pondering a "how" or "who" or "what", she swoops back in gives you a hint or one more piece of information. Her female characters are right up my alley - bold, adventurous and able to hold their own. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for solid female main characters. This book weaves historical periods, mystery, crime and a bit of romance in a perfect blend.

**Thank you to Bethany House Publishers for a free copy for review. A positive review was not required and is my own humble opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The House on Foster Hill.

January 4, 2018 – Started Reading