Mystic42's Reviews > Gone

Gone by Lisa McMann

Oct 16, 2011

liked it
Read in October, 2011

I enjoyed the story but became frustrated with some aspects of it, such as:

* Why there were only two options isolation or being pulled into dreams constantly............ Could there not have been a combination of these. Why the hell when she slept at Cables did she not just sleep in another room, when they were ready to sleep.

* Unless I misinterpreted what I was reading Janie was offered the opportunity to get herself tested at the sleep centre etc at the college that they would be attending soon, why would you not get your self tested as money was no longer the issue, and in my opinion even if money were an issue I would have gone into dept if I knew I was going blind, and wanted to determine if there was any thing I could do to prevent it.

* Would you honestly stay and be with some if you don't think they would be there tomorrow I mean that literally and not figuratively. No committing to a relationship, no plans. I dont think many people would be happy with this, you would be insecure, not be able to count on and or trust this arrangement.I hope you get my meaning as it is hard to put into the proper words.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gone.