Katherine's Reviews > The Deputy's Holiday Family

The Deputy's Holiday Family by Mindy Obenhaus

bookshelves: to-read

You can count on Love Inspired to turn out great holiday reads. It may be April right now, but I was wrapped in Christmas spirit for this story. One aspect that I enjoyed was the character development in the main characters and the secondary characters as well. While you can read this as a stand alone novel, I did like that some wounds hinted at in previous stories were addressed, drawing me further into the series.

I admire the way Lacie stepped up to care for her nice. I also like the way that there wasn't a premise of either of the main characters trying to hide the fact that Kenzie is Matt's daughter as the big tension in the story (as opposed to a storyline where it's the main point - those bug me). This was a refreshing change in the find-out-I-had-a-kid-years-later genre. Matt steps right up to build his relationship with his daughter and Lacie. He was patient and kind. Swoon-worthy.

I received a copy of this story from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deputy's Holiday Family.

January 3, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read