Jen Stirrup's Reviews > Grokking Algorithms An Illustrated Guide For Programmers and Other Curious People

Grokking Algorithms An Illustrated Guide For Programmers and ... by Aditya Y. Bhargava

U 50x66

bookshelves: computer-science

I've just finished reading the Manning book called Grokking Algorithms An Illustrated Guide For Programmers and Other Curious People

This is a very readable book, with great diagrams and a very visual style. I recommend this book for anyone who wants to understand more about algorithms.
This is an excellent book for the budding data scientist who wants to get past the bittiness of learning pieces of open source or proprietary software here and there, and wants to learn what the algorithms actually mean in practice. It's fairly easy to get away with looking like a real Data Scientist if you know bits of R or Python, I think, but when someone scratches the surface of that vision, it can become very apparent that the whole theory and deeper understanding can be missing. This book will help people to bridge the gap from learning bits here and there, to learning what the algorithms actually mean in practice.
Recommended. I'm expecting to find that people might 'pinch' the diagrams but I'd strongly suggest that they contact the author and credit appropriately.
I'd recommend this book, for sure. Enjoy!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grokking Algorithms An Illustrated Guide For Programmers and Other Curious People.

December 30, 2017 – Started Reading