Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~'s Reviews > The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

bookshelves: 5-star, audiobook, year-2018, favorites, lgbt

Well, color me shocked I actually really enjoyed this super hyped up book! It’s taken me all evening to decide on my rating but genuinely I can’t find anything I’d really change about this. A lovely & tragic story about discovering what & who are truly important. Would recommend the audio book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo.

January 1, 2018 – Shelved
January 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
September 18, 2018 – Started Reading
September 19, 2018 –
50.0% ":’("
September 19, 2018 –
72.0% "So far this is the only part of this book I haven’t liked well"
September 20, 2018 –
87.0% "DAMMIT I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE HAPPY"
September 20, 2018 – Shelved as: 5-star
September 20, 2018 – Shelved as: year-2018
September 20, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
September 20, 2018 – Finished Reading
October 3, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
June 15, 2019 – Shelved as: lgbt

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee This is going to turn your brain inside out, fry it, and put it back in your head. I found it a very interesting read in a immensely clever way.

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Lee wrote: "This is going to turn your brain inside out, fry it, and put it back in your head. I found it a very interesting read in a immensely clever way."

YO that is high praise coming from you friend! I'm so happy to hear that! :D

Felicia I yearn as well 😂

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Felicia wrote: "I yearn as well 😂"

I wish us both the best of luck! LOL

Iryna *Book and Sword* I didn’t 😬 😂

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Iryna (Book and Sword) wrote: "I didn’t 😬 😂"

Iryna Nooooooooooooo *collapses* lol

message 7: by Lee (new)

Lee I wouldn't say murder mystery is anywhere near my fav genre and so I went in with this with some trepidation. But the cleverness is refreshingly unique.

message 8: by Ginger (new) - added it

Ginger Good luck! I still need to get to it. If you like it Mary, I'll more then likely like it. You're a tougher critic! And I mean that in a good way. hahaha

message 9: by TS (new)

TS Chan I think Lee has mistaken this book for Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.. xD

message 10: by Lee (new)

Lee OMG!

message 11: by Lee (new)

Lee Evelyn Hugo is finally ready to tell the truth about her glamorous and scandalous life.
versus
At a gala party thrown by her parents, Evelyn Hardcastle will be killed--again. She's been murdered hundreds of times, and each day, Aiden Bishop is too late to save her.

I am just going to go hide in a corner.

message 12: by Lee (new)

Lee Please let it be know by all, that I hereby formally retract the statement I made in comment 1.

I have never, or plan to ever read this book.

I also would like to apologise to Mary in giving her the perception that I have moved from the world of SciFi and Fantasy into the realms of.....of.... what ever this book is in.

However, I admit, my foolishness and inattentiveness may add credence that I am actually in some kind of fantasy world.

message 13: by Lee (new)

Lee TS wrote: "I think Lee has mistaken this book for Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.. xD
Goodness knows, I initially had doubletakes - both with Seven and Evelyn in the titles."

and, and, and with the covers looking so simi.............. never mind.

Irony, last night I was explaining to the kids what, 'seeing what you want to see' means, even if it is something else.

message 14: by TS (new)

TS Chan Hahahah - this is priceless! Thanks for the entertainment, Lee.

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ L O L what an amazing thing to wake up to!! This is hilarious. Lee listen this is a relatively easy mistake to make, especially since they’re both named Evelyn! For the record, I have plans to read Evelyn Hardcastle right after this!

I was thinking to myself 🤔 weird that Lee picked this book up it’s so far out of his usual genre 🤔😂 I wasn’t gonna judge you my friend I read all over the spectrum! Anyhow thanks for the laugh & stay tuned because Evelyn HARDCASTLE should be popping up in your feed soon 😂😂👏🏼

message 16: by Lee (new)

Lee LOL look forward to hearing your thoughts on poor Miss Hardcastle.

Glad I got to give you breakfast entertainment :)

message 17: by L A i N E Y (new) - added it

L A i N E Y This book continues its streak on appearing on my feed with lowest rating of 4 stars!! What is all this about?!? Just wow. (And why am I not reading this already?!?)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Lainey I genuinely think you’ll really like it! I enjoyed every moment of it truly! 🤗💖

message 19: by TS (new)

TS Chan 5-stars??!!! WOW!

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ TS I am just as surprised as you are 😂

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister Right?! Just mind-blowing stuff in this book! :-D

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Kristen I am very picky and choosy about my contemporary reads but I can’t even believe how much I enjoyed this one!! 👏🏼😭

message 23: by mo (new) - added it

mo I have this checked out from the library right now. I can't wait to really dig in to reading it!

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Mo it’s a splendid story! I really hope you enjoy it, lovely! 🤗💖

Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen) HELLO IM LISTENING TO THE AUDIO RN AND ITS SOOO GOOD MARY. (I’m so glad you loved it too!!)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ HELLO GORGEOUS I LISTENED TO THE AUDIO AS WELL IT WAS THAT GOOD SHIT AND I THOUGHT ABOUT THIS BOOK A LOT AFTER FINISHING AND OMG YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT AHHHHH 💛✨

message 27: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna It's such a good book - I listened to the audiobook too and loved it! I felt like Evelyn was telling me her story. Agreed - there was nothing that I would've changed about it. (view spoiler)

Gaby (lookingatbooks) I loved the audiobook too! The narrator of Evelyn had the perfect voice for her snarky character.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin The audio was awesome!! 😊💕🌸

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Omg totally agree I ADORED the audio production for this Melissa!! At first I thought I wouldn’t like it being split between two narrators but it worked so well Alma Quarvo is perfect for Evelyn & Robin Miles has been a favorite since The Fifth Season!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ wrote: "Omg totally agree I ADORED the audio production for this Melissa!! At first I thought I wouldn’t like it being split between two narrators but it worked so well Alma Quarvo is perfect for Evelyn & ..."

I didn’t even realize that was the same person from The Fifth Season! Don’t mind me, I live under a rock!! 🙄

message 32: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna I also approached this cautiously, but ending up really loving this, too! I'll have to check out the audiobook when I want to re-read it. :)

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Hahaha it’s ok Melissa!! 😂👏🏼

Mary ~Ravager of Tomes~ Omg Anna yes the audio book is so excellent!!!!