Kristen's Reviews > The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender

Oct 15, 2011

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from October 15 to 20, 2011

I always enjoy some surrealism, and this book delivered that such in an honest & real way. It was such an enjoyable read -- probably until you get to the very very end & the focus of the book shifted a little bit.

A lot of reviewers said the book felt "unfinished" or "rushed" and I *can* agree w/ that sentiment but it still didn't take away from the enjoyment of reading this book. I really liked the writing -- I wasn't a huge fan of the ending - Ithink I would have liked more resolution concerning Rose's brother and her parents, but overall, I liked it.

I'm actually torn between a 3 and 3 1/2 but since there is no half rating, I decided to go all the way and give it a 4, simply b/c I did enjoy it quite a bit.

This has nothing to do w/ anything - but I adored the cover too. I do love a book w/ a good cover!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake.

10/17/2011 page 190

message 1: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Ziemkowski How are you liking this? I have it, but haven't read yet.

Kristen Karen wrote: "How are you liking this? I have it, but haven't read yet."

Hey Karen! So far I am liking this one quite a bit. I'm not too far into it yet. But I'll write a review when I'm done :)