Karen’s Library's Reviews > Morning Star

Morning Star by Pierce Brown

bookshelves: sci-fi, read-more-than-once, favorites, dystopian
Read 2 times. Last read January 1, 2018 to January 17, 2018.

I just finished this brilliant book for the second time, but this time I listened to it in its entirety on audio as performed by the extremely talented Tim Gerard Reynolds! Let me tell you, I am covered in goosebumps... Again!! During my first read, I had to keep jumping to print so I could read parts, mostly the end, even quicker. Near the end I especially needed to find out what was happening and I wanted to punch Pierce Brown. This time through, at least I wasn't so shocked since I knew what was happening, but the emotions never let up. That was probably one of the best endings of a series ever! And now I get to pick up Iron Gold, right now and continue on with this epic tale by the master know as Pierce Brown!

Original review:
Wow, wow, wow!! What a brilliant epic ending to an epic epic series! I was captivated and breathless throughout. Heartbroken a few times. And yes, at one point I was so upset, I threw my book (gently though, so as not to hurt it...).

Pierce Brown is such a talented wordsmith! I could see every scene so clearly in my mind.

I wept several times for Darrow and his friends as they fought to free the colors throughout the worlds. And I celebrated right along with them during several wonderful scenes.

I finished this last night and I'm still reeling from the perfect and completely satisfying ending to the Red Rising trilogy!

I know that Brown is currently working on Iron Gold, a new series in this world set 10 years later. Hurry Pierce, hurry! I can't wait to see what that evil, genius brain of yours comes up with next!

I also want to do a shout out to the extremely talented Tim Gerard Reynolds who performed the narration of the audiobooks for this series. That man gave me chills and goosebumps throughout due to his incredible performances!

Amazing book, amazing series!! Thanks for the book hangover, Pierce Brown!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Morning Star.

Quotes Karen’s Library Liked

Pierce Brown
“You and I keep looking for light in the darkness, expecting it to appear. But it already has.” I touch his shoulder. “We’re it, boyo. Broken and cracked and stupid as we are, we’re the light, and we’re spreading.”
Pierce Brown, Morning Star

April 24, 2015 – Shelved (Hardcover Edition)
April 24, 2015 – Shelved as: to-read (Hardcover Edition)
June 17, 2016 – Started Reading (Hardcover Edition)
June 17, 2016 –
page 53
10.11% "Heartbreaking beginning! But SOOOO good!" (Hardcover Edition)
June 18, 2016 –
page 96
18.32% "I adore Ragnar!" (Hardcover Edition)
June 18, 2016 –
page 136
25.95% (Hardcover Edition)
page 176
33.59% "Awwww Sevro..." (Hardcover Edition)
page 240
45.8% "*sob*" (Hardcover Edition)
page 308
page 396
75.57% (Hardcover Edition)
June 25, 2016 –
page 456
87.02% "No no no no no no noooooooooo!!!!!!" (Hardcover Edition)
June 26, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites (Hardcover Edition)
June 26, 2016 – Shelved as: sci-fi (Hardcover Edition)
June 26, 2016 – Shelved as: signed (Hardcover Edition)
June 26, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy (Hardcover Edition)
June 26, 2016 – Finished Reading (Hardcover Edition)
January 1, 2018 – Started Reading
January 17, 2018 – Shelved as: read-more-than-once
January 17, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
January 17, 2018 – Shelved as: dystopian
January 17, 2018 – Finished Reading
July 5, 2019 – Started Reading (Hardcover Edition)
July 5, 2019 –
14.0% "Why yes, this IS my 3rd read of this bloodydamn book!! Muahahahahaa!!!" (Hardcover Edition)
July 9, 2019 –
31.0% (Hardcover Edition)
July 14, 2019 –
46.0% (Hardcover Edition)
July 14, 2019 –
59.0% (Hardcover Edition)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin Love these books sooooo much! 💕😊

Karen’s Library Oh gosh, Melissa, me too!! I started listening to Iron Gold and I’m loving it already and only in a few chapters! I’m seeing Pierce Brown tonight for a signing event for Iron Gold!! Squeeee!! 😍💕😬

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin I'm excited for you. I wish I wasn't home bound and I could meet every person on earth I wanted to meet. Oh well. I have read some of it. I have had some stuff going on lately so I didn't read and finish it the day it came on Tuesday. I hope to get back with it. I'm hoping today but I don't know =(