Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)'s Reviews > Ready Player One

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

bookshelves: audiobook, read-2018, young-adult, owned, sci-fi-dystopian

Eureka! I finally found one: an audiobook that I loved. I mean what 80’s baby wouldn’t appreciate an audiobook narrated by Wil Wheaton loaded with 80’s pop culture references to boot? Fun Fact: my favorite Wil Wheaton movie is Toy Soldiers.

I will admit that when I first read the synopsis of this book I didn’t think it was my jam. My best friend convinced me otherwise and boy was she right! I loved it! Like really loved it. I am not sure if I would have felt the same way reading the book versus listening; I think since I enjoyed the narration that I was more engaged in the book. Either way I now can’t wait for the movie coming out in March.

To read my full review: https://saturdaynitereader.com/2018/0...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ready Player One.

December 31, 2017 – Shelved
December 31, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
January 31, 2018 – Started Reading
January 31, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Wil Wheaton narrating and loads of 80's pop culture references...I may have found an audiobook I will thoroughly enjoy (and that will keep my attention!) Here goes!"
February 8, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Only 1 more hour left of the audiobook...I cannot contain my excitement to find out what happens in the end. AHHHH!"
February 8, 2018 – Finished Reading
February 11, 2018 – Shelved as: audiobook
February 11, 2018 – Shelved as: young-adult
February 11, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018
May 31, 2018 – Shelved as: owned
August 26, 2018 – Shelved as: sci-fi-dystopian

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Reading.Between.Wines I have been on the fence about this one for so long!! I saw a lot of reviews from people who didn't like it and got scared.... lol

Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader) The audiobook is great (to me). I am enjoying the story and Wil Wheaton narrating is a major plus. He even says his own name as part of the story, and I couldn't help but giggle.

Reading.Between.Wines Nikki wrote: "The audiobook is great (to me). I am enjoying the story and Wil Wheaton narrating is a major plus. He even says his own name as part of the story, and I couldn't help but giggle."

Haha! I don't do audiobooks, but maybe I will reconsider reading this one! Lately I've been seeing a lot of better reviews for it.

message 4: by Celia (new) - added it

Celia Wil Wheaton caught my eye. Thanks for the review, Nikki and pointing me to this book.