Devon Ashley's Reviews > Fury's Fire

Oct 14, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: completed-arcs, reviewed-on-blog
Read from June 26 to July 01, 2012

Will is annoyingly overprotective of Gretchen. She just sent a group of malicious sirens to their death, but just like the time before, she doesn't remember anything other than the hints that come through in her dreams. Will was there and could tell her, but it's like he thinks she's too fragile to learn what she is, or maybe he doesn't want to admit that Gretchen's strong enough to take care of herself without his help. Sorry, but males that try to bottle up women 'to keep them safe' just really tick me off.

I read Siren's Storm and Fury's Fire back to back, but I have to say I enjoyed the first better than the second. There just wasn't enough suspense in Fury's Fire to really keep me captivated. What you just read in the synopsis...yeah, that pretty much sums up the whole story, sans learning what is plaguing Gretchen, so I can't really add anything more without giving away one of the book's two secrets, and if I do that, what's the point of you reading it? The characters came off a little blah to me, and I didn't really seem to care if Gretchen or Will died in the end. I just didn't feel connected with them. And I guess you could call this a paranormal romance, but it's a weak one. Although Gretchen and Will are interested in one another, neither of them seemed willing to step up and make a real go of it, because their relationship is filled with nothing but mistrust and unspoken truths. FYI...couples that don't talk things out and keep obvious secrets quiet, aren't likely to succeed, and can be incredibly frustrating to read about.

Sorry, this book just wasn't for me, but maybe it is for you. If you really liked Siren's Storm, there's a good chance you'll be okay with what was given in Fury's Fire.

description

ARC provided by publisher via NetGalley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fury's Fire.

06/26/2012