Jessica's Reviews > The One Apart

The One Apart by Justine Avery

F 50x66

Excitement Satisfied

A lot of the stories I have read by Avery have been short works. I've grown extremely fond of each piece and the affinity I realise is similar to that I have for Ray Bradbury. More famous for his larger novels, but I always loved his short stories as well.

When I came across The One Apart and realized that it wasn't just a short story or even a series of short stories, but a full novel I was elated!

Knowing her style I was fully expecting to be whirled up and away into the plot and was not wrong. Avery once again delivers with masterful technique and style, digging deep into a psychological field trip.

The One Apart follows an ageless being, born again and again while retaining knowledge but no apparent history. He knows he is supposed to be doing something and it is urgent, but figuring out what exactly that is becomes the plot for this book. Born to a teenager recognizing something special in this babe, Tre the ageless child with the aid and protection of his newest mother is against the clock with a nefarious entity with ill intent to not only Tres but the world as known to us.

Definitely recommend The One Apart and any piece by Justine Avery, I have yet to be disappointed!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The One Apart.

December 30, 2017 – Started Reading