Mark Tilbury's Reviews > The Missing Children

The Missing Children by M.A. Comley

bookshelves: crime, highly-recommended, mystery, suspense, thriller, would-recommend

This is the first in a new trilogy from Mel featuring DI Kayli Bright and a major investigation into missing children and a suspected paedophile ring.

I thought this was an excellently written novel that covered some very difficult issues with sensitivity, but also honesty. There were some parts that were difficult to read but Mel has handled them well. How the investigating officers and some of the missing children's relatives reacted to events were portrayed truthfully. They left me thinking that'd I'd probably react in the same way, if faced with a similar situation.

So many children go missing, and large numbers are either found dead, or not found at all. I liked how some characters made reference to high profile missing children cases and how little media coverage the majority of children get in comparison to them. Like the characters do, it makes me wonder, why?

I've read a number of Mel's books and I think this is her best yet. A great book to end the year with, and one I'll be recommending everyone should read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Missing Children.

December 30, 2017 – Started Reading