M.K.'s Reviews > The Dovekeepers

The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman

Oct 14, 2011

liked it
Read from April 10 to July 23, 2012

I couldn't finish this book, and I think I was the problem. Life demanded something less lyrical, less beautiful and more fast-paced. I hope I can get my head in Hoffman space again because I'd like to try it again. Or maybe a different Hoffman book. Her Seventh Heaven is going cheap on Kindle right now....hmmmm.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dovekeepers.

04/11/2012 page 11
04/26/2012 page 11
2.14% "I'm at 6 per cent. Is this the new lexicon of the digital world? No page numbers, just percentages. "For class tomorrow, please read to 6 per cent." How long is the book? A: 100 per cent."
04/30/2012
14.0% "Feeling parched, very parched. Hoffman describes the desert so well my hands are cracked and there's dust scratching my eyeballs."
05/09/2012
32.0% "What I've learned so far: back in the 1st century, you had to be careful which god you backed."
05/30/2012
50.0% "My reading pattern with this book is odd. I read 50-60 pages at a time, leave it for days on end and when I come back to it, I get immersed once again. It's like walking in desert sands."
07/23/2012
50.0% "I've left this book for too long. Maybe I'll try it again when my head's in Hoffman space again."
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather I just got on the waiting list for this today at the library. Can't wait to read it! I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

M.K. I'll keep you posted. I added Donnelly's to my to-read tower!

M.K. Heather wrote: "I just got on the waiting list for this today at the library. Can't wait to read it! I look forward to seeing what you think of it."

Shoot! I posted my message to the wrong place, LOL. Anyhoo, I'll let you know how it goes. A very lyrical start, so far.

message 4: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather I love lyrical, so that's excellent to hear. :) I've only read one of Hoffman's books The Third Angel and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I remember blubbering away in the wee hours of the morning while reading it. lol She definitely tapped into my emotions on that one!

Donnelly is a great author! I've read A Northern Light by her, which is a YA historical fiction, and it was just fantastic. Definitely another one you should check out, if you haven't already!

M.K. Okay, I'm on it!