Phrynne's Reviews > Iron Gold

Iron Gold by Pierce Brown

liked it
bookshelves: 5000-books

I found this to be a very heavy read. 600 pages of pain, misery and death cannot ever be described as enjoyable and I like to enjoy my books! Nevertheless the story had a hold on me and I kept picking it up until I had finished it.

I really felt bad for Darrow as everything slipped away from him, but he only featured as a part of this book as we kept switching to other people's POVs. At first it was hard to see why these people had popped up but as the story progressed everything started to tie up.

Seriously though this book is dark. I cannot recall any person in it not being angry at someone else and the backstabbing within families is out of control. If it keeps going at this rate there won't be any families left!

Still I have travelled so far with Darrow now I will have to see him through to the end, whatever that may hold for him.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Gold.

December 29, 2017 – Shelved
December 29, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
March 10, 2018 – Started Reading
March 12, 2018 – Finished Reading
March 13, 2018 – Shelved as: 5000-books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane Good review, Phrynne!

Phrynne Thanks Diane. It was a hard one to read and to review!!!

message 3: by Fran (new)

Fran Nice review, Phrynne!

Phrynne Thank you Fran:)

message 5: by Leonie (new)

Leonie I've read the first two of this series, and I was wondering where it might head. I've been undecided about continuing, actually. Will think about it some more.

Phrynne I read #3 Morning Star Leonie because at the time I though it was the end of a trilogy:) I enjoyed it too. Maybe I should have left it there and finished on a high!

message 7: by Leonie (new)

Leonie That's good to hear 😊 I shall take that into consideration.

message 8: by Bennett (new) - added it

Bennett Lee I am about halfway through and I am with you on the dark read. Everything feels pretty grim, every character heavy. I’m not necessarily surprised, the first trilogy was also pretty dark. But it’s just a lot of anger and resentment and pain and sadness and regret to wade through.

Phrynne And there's still going to be two more books Bennett!!