Holly's Reviews > What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky

What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky by Lesley Nneka Arimah

bookshelves: fiction, 2019-read

This is the best collection of short stories I have read so far. Granted, I haven't read that many short story collections in the first place, but still. I greatly enjoyed most of these and found myself wishing several of them were full length stories instead. See below for my ratings of each individual story.

The Future Looks Good - 5 stars
What It Means When A Man Falls From The Sky - 5 stars
Glory - 4 stars
What Is A Volcano? - 2 stars
Redemption - 3 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What It Means When a Man Falls from the Sky.

December 29, 2017 – Shelved
December 29, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 21, 2019 – Started Reading
February 21, 2019 – Shelved as: fiction
February 21, 2019 – Shelved as: 2019-read
February 21, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)

message 1: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Wonderful review!

message 2: by Trish (new)

Trish I can answer the title quickly: HE DESERVED IT!

message 3: by JanB (new)

JanB Great review Holly. I like how you rated each story. There are almost always a few that don't resonate in a collection of short stories. I love the cover and title :)

message 4: by Eilonwy (new)

Eilonwy Wow, that's high praise! Now I need to remember to read this sometime.

Holly Trish wrote: "I can answer the title quickly: HE DESERVED IT!"

Haha! That is usually the case! In this instance, it was bad math. Good thing math isn't usually life or death, because I would be in trouble.

Holly JanB wrote: "Great review Holly. I like how you rated each story. There are almost always a few that don't resonate in a collection of short stories. I love the cover and title :)"

Yeah, it's usually why I don't like short story collections - the great ones are usually out numbered by the average/poor ones. I was pleasantly surprised by how many stories I really enjoyed in this collection.

Holly Eilonwy wrote: "Wow, that's high praise! Now I need to remember to read this sometime."

Definitely! This was also the perfect accompaniment to the super long book I am still reading - it let me take short breaks from it. Though I should have spaced those breaks out more because I am only 30% of the way through the 1.2k page book!

message 8: by Trish (new)

Trish Holly wrote: "Trish wrote: "I can answer the title quickly: HE DESERVED IT!"

Me too! *lol*

message 9: by Lucy (new)

Lucy Langford Great review 😊

message 10: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Wonderful review, Holly!

JV (semi-hiatus) Glad that this was a fantastic read, Holly! Great review! 😊

message 12: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Great review Holly!