Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad)'s Reviews > Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams

Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker

bookshelves: all-time-favorites

Finally, the book whose author actually said that he will be happy if a reader fell asleep while reading it. Great book!

description

I have to admit, I skipped a few chapters due to my incompetence in sleep science. But I am still rating it 5* stars since it was a great and interesting read. In my opinion M.P.Walker said everything about sleep that could be said.

The thing I liked the most was the style - it had a flowing continuity that was easy to understand for an average reader (I like stuff called popular science, but some authors just write pure science that is hard and complicated, and makes you sleepy too...)

M.P.Walker manages to address even the oddest facts of sleep with fun and yet scientific attitude. The examples he chooses are relevant and relatable, author know how to make a point without preaching. You will get a tons of arguments to explain people why you are an owl, why school should start later, why you shouldn't take sleeping pills, and damn, why we sleep.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why We Sleep.

December 29, 2017 – Shelved
December 29, 2017 – Shelved as: to-read
February 11, 2018 – Started Reading
February 11, 2018 –
page 0
0.0% "Now my currently reading shelve looks kinda amazing - God, anxiety and sleep. My life is complete."
February 17, 2018 – Finished Reading
December 2, 2019 – Shelved as: all-time-favorites

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Orient (new)

Orient You know, sleep is overrated 😂

message 2: by Sad (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad) Nooooooo :D

message 3: by Orient (new)

Orient Sad wrote: "Nooooooo :D"

Why not? Just think how many hours you can spend reading.... 😜

message 4: by Sad (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sad Sunday (If I say it's bad, it's bad) But imagine dreaming something nice in a warm bed...

message 5: by Lynda (new)

Lynda description