Kristin's Reviews > Blue Skies Tomorrow

Blue Skies Tomorrow by Sarah Sundin

bookshelves: books-i-own

Wow. Why on earth did I wait so long to read this book?? Within the first 50 pages or so, I was thinking, "Hm...the author sure is setting up this love story early. What's going to happen with the rest of this book?" And within the last 100 pages or so, I was thinking, "Oh my goodness! What is going on here? Must Ray and Helen suffer any more? Just give them a break!"

So it has been about two years since I read the first two books in this series. I was a little worried going into this one if I'd remember everything, but as I read, I remembered the important things. It took me a while to get into this one, but when I did...wow. I seriously couldn't put it down. I didn't want to do anything but read this book. :)

I remember Gail Carson Levine saying in her book about writing that authors have to make their characters suffer. And goodness, Sarah Sundin certainly took this advice. I felt like Ray and Helen went from one awful situation to another! I think that Ray's military adventures were probably my favorite of the three brothers, because I definitely wasn't expecting all of the stuff that happened in Germany. It was awesome. And poor Helen...I wanted her to take Jay-Jay and leave as soon as her father-in-law started being abusive. Seriously. I felt so bad for her!

But after all of that suffering, there is a wonderful happy ending. :) And it made me cry. This really was a beautiful trilogy. All three books were written really well, and while I still think I love the first one the best (I can relate most to a story about an awkward boy and a plain girl :), this one comes in a close second. I loved meeting all three of the Novak brothers and I'm so glad that after all of the suffering, all three got happy endings that coincide with the end of the war. Well done, Sarah Sundin!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Skies Tomorrow.

October 13, 2011 – Shelved
March 27, 2014 – Started Reading
March 27, 2014 – Shelved as: books-i-own
March 28, 2014 –
page 174
March 29, 2014 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Hayden While I think the first book is my favorite, too, I liked this one a lot. I was a little wary with all the romance at the beginning, but once it got to Ray's military experiences...wow. I had never been SO STRESSED in a book before than in those chapters where everything was going on with both Ray's story and Helen's. Talk about a page-turner! Glad you liked it :)

Kristin Hayden wrote: "While I think the first book is my favorite, too, I liked this one a lot. I was a little wary with all the romance at the beginning, but once it got to Ray's military experiences...wow. I had never..."

It *was* quite a stressful page-turner! Goodness. :)