bjneary's Reviews > The Scorch Trials

The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

bookshelves: scifi-fantasy

All I can say is that this book was just as suspenseful and nerve wracking as the Maze Runner. Dashner's descriptions of the heat and horrid conditions was relentless; I thought I was the character Thomas going through all the pain and psychological torture. The one thing I loved was Thomas' loyalty and caring for his friends throughout the whole book, I loved the way they talked to each other. "You guys alll right?" Minho finally asked. Thomas grunted a yes, and Newt said, "Pretty dure we just arrived in bloody hell. Always thought you'd end up here, Minho, but not me." I liked how Minho was a cut-throat leader you admired (because Tomas admired him) and I felt I got to know Frypan and Newt more as fleshed out characters...I was not happy with the Teresa scenario, I will say no more about that...and I hate WICKED and their plots against these kids (for the good of the human race---baloney!), the Flare and the variables!!! I am hanging on for the 3rd book, The Death Cure, but I have a few other books ahead that I must really get to, but these books just really stay with you... Highly recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scorch Trials.

October 13, 2011 – Started Reading