Lighthearted's Reviews > Blood Lure

Blood Lure by Nevada Barr

Oct 13, 2011

bookshelves: mystery
Read in October, 2011

The grizzly bears of Glacier National Park are the subject of a DNA study and Anna Pigeon is part of the study team. Together with a biologist and a young volunteer, Anna ventures into the park’s back country to set lures for the bears and collect samples.

Anna’s faith in humanity has been tested before but her faith in nature will also be tested on this trek. Not only is there apparently a sadistic killer among the campers, there’s also a grizzly that seems to have a vendetta against humans.

For the most part, another amazing Anna Pigeon novel; as always, I felt like I was right there with her in the park. The thought of a man-hunting grizzly shakes Anna to the core though and despite the fact that this is the ninth book in the series, I feel like I discovered new facets of her character. I like how everything came together at the end and yet I also had trouble accepting all aspects of Balthazar’s storyline. *I did like him though and I did find certain bear management reports entertaining.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Lure.