Donna ~ The Romance Cover's Reviews > Sweeping the Series

Sweeping the Series by Kate  Stewart

bookshelves: 5-star-2017

Sweeping the Series by Kate Stewart ~ 5 stars

This was so much more than a novella, this was a much longer read than the others in this anthology and Kate Stewart introduces us to Ren while revisiting her well loved Balls in Play Series. Anything But Minor is one of my favourite books so to meet up with the guys was an added bonus as well becoming heavily invested in the second chance love story of Ren and Erica.

“Ren was one of those men that physically stunned with his looks, paralyzing you before he devoured you. And when he struck, he did it with precision.”

This novella starts with Ren in a bad place, being the resident manwhore of baseball. His out of control personal life was his way of trying to forget the one that got away, the one that left him with a broken heart. But despite the many nameless faces, nothing was working. Erica was all he saw, all his heart wanted, but was the one woman that had destroyed him for all others. Ren would never put his heart on the line again.

“Loving her was torture. And the realization that I was still so much in love with her, well, that was the cruelest punishment.”

Erica made one of the hardest decisions of her life three years ago, one that broke her heart, while also decimating Ren's. Now a PR Executive she is reluctant to take on her newest assignment, one that if she deoesn't will cost her, her job. Shape up Ren Makavoy, the one man she didn't want to see again...could her heart take it?

The chemistry between these two was off the charts, their interactions from the very start felt genuine, believable and the emotions that Kate Stewart manages to convey in a much shorter book for her, was phenomenal.

Sweeping the Series is part of Kate Stewart's Rom Com series, so as one would expect Kate Stewart's humour is smattered throughout and most of the comedic relief comes in the form of the other two wives that we have already met. There is one scene in particular where I had tears of laughter running down my face, my sides ached and my husband thought I had gone nuts.

I loved everything about this novella and this was the perfect addition to Anything But Minor and Major Love. If you have not read this series, please, please do. If you love a good laugh you are seriously missing out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweeping the Series.

December 24, 2017 – Started Reading