Helen's Reviews > The Iron Ghost

The Iron Ghost by Jen Williams

bookshelves: fantasy, ghosts, magic, monsters, reviewed

Loved this. It's fun and fast and Wydrin is brilliant, she's my new hero. She never thinks, she acts first and leads the way for everyone else.

So the Iron Ghost goes a bit more in-depth with the characters than the first book. Now the scene has been set there's more time for them to develop beyond the stereotypes and we see more complex personalities come out.

But it also feels more focused and like there is more time given to developing the story. The tone is darker with scarier monsters and a seriously twisted bad mage that thinks he's actually doing good things. To fight him the Black Feather Three have to do things that make them question their own moral values.

It's the second in a trilogy but what I like about this series is that they are stand-alone stories. It does help if you've read the first book, but the story here has its own beginning and ending. No cliffhangers! *happy face*

It's super enjoyable, action-packed, and it has a cast of diverse characters. It left me feeling happy when I'd finished it! I already want to go back and re-read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Ghost.

December 28, 2017 – Shelved