Candy Robosky's Reviews > Compromised Inside

Compromised Inside by James Litherland

U 50x66

Compromised Inside is a great continuation to the series. Once again FURC is under attack but this time as the title implies it is from inside their own bodies and compound. Kat and David’s parents are once again proving to be dishonest and showing that rulers unchecked can be very shady. I still don't trust Verity and feel very sorry for David that he has her for a mother. She is very conceited and untrustworthy.

Kat and Tony continue their feeble attempts at fighting their feelings for each other. Caroline does do a couple of things that show she is not just a show off but overall she continues being the confident actress of the book. There are plenty of other characters who show they are different than one originally may have thought while others fortify the readers’ initial reaction to them.

I am glad that this book focused on trouble brought about by the citizens of FURC themselves as well as nature. It sets to remind us that not all is cozy and safe when you as part of the “in crowd.”

As for the wheat contamination, at first I thought everyone was just being a bunch of babies, but then I remembered what it was like for me when I found out I was lactose intolerant. At first I was very angry and discouraged until I got used to it and found alternatives. The initial shock of not being able to have your favorite things and being told there are alternatives does not stop the fact that you are being forced to give something up for something else that does not fill the same void. Yes they are basically being told they must go gluten free and they do not react well but that is to be expected. Think about something in your everyday life you are used to and now pretend you are told it is being taken away and you may never he it back…..you would be upset too.

Enough about that...once again this book continues a great series and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

I give this honest review after receiving an advanced reviewer’s copy of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Compromised Inside.

December 26, 2017 – Started Reading