Bonny's Reviews > Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World

Mindfulness by J. Mark G. Williams

bookshelves: audio, non-fiction, meditation, mindfulness

I've read various mindfulness meditation books over the last several years, and tried their mindfulness meditation suggestions with uneven results, but this is the book I was looking for. The authors stress evidence and explain cognitive behavior therapy, which kept me from rolling my eyes at any hippie mystical aspects of mindfulness. I jumped right in to listening to the introductory chapters on the hows, whys and benefits of mindfulness, and have been using the guided meditations on a daily basis for the last few weeks. There have been some stressful events in my life during this period, and I was pleasantly surprised by how much these meditations have helped. I had some expectations before I started this book that meditating was going to be a difficult and time-consuming task, but that has not been the case at all. Eight to ten minutes daily has made a significant difference in my life. I have been using whatever guided meditation I chose at random, but I'm now going back to the beginning and actually following the book's eight-week plan. Focus, awareness, acceptance, compassion, coping with negativity and the chaos that is life are all skills that I'm beginning to learn with the help of Mindfulness, and I'm very grateful to have finally found the mindfulness book for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mindfulness.

December 27, 2017 – Started Reading