Alex's Reviews > Sanctuary

Sanctuary by Jenny Carroll

May 14, 2008

bookshelves: favorites, teen-ya, great-series, favorite-authors, contemporary
Read in June, 2012

At First Sight: Strange things are happening in Jess Mastriani's little town. First, her new neighbor Nate Thompkins goes missing and is later found dead on Thanksgiving; then the local synagogue is vandalized and another kid goes missing.

Jess doesn't want to get involved - she really only wanted to spend Thanksgiving with her almost-boyfriend Rob Wilkins and avoid her aunt Rose as much as possible - but when things start to point toward a local, crazy militia group, Jess decides that what happens in her town is her business after all.

And, with the help of her psychic powers - and the FBI agent who is following her around, trying to to get her use her powers to help the government find "people of interest", not to mention Rob, a huge biker named Chick - she's going to take on this new challenge.

Second Glance: I confess that I've always have a soft spot for Sanctuary within the series. I like that a lot of things are happening, and that there is a lot more Rob in this book - though I admit I do reach a point where I'm So Over the whole Townie/Grit aspect of the relationship between them (and the whole book, actually).

Also, love Douglas and his fledging relationship with Tasha, I love Doug, I really do and it's good seeing him live his life even though he has schizophrenia. Oh, and Chick - biker and owner of the bar/grill Chick's - rocks!

Bottom Line: If you have been reading the series, I can't imagine that you don't want to read Sanctuary, and I personally think that it's one of the most solid books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sanctuary.

06/13/2012 page 210