Markus's Reviews > Life Debt

Life Debt by Chuck Wendig

did not like it
bookshelves: 2017, science-fiction, star-wars

Everything Aftermath got right, the sequel gets wrong.

While I am still completely okay with Wendig's style (apparently most people are annoyed by it), there was nothing to enjoy here. An extreme case of second book syndrome at best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life Debt.

December 20, 2017 – Started Reading
December 26, 2017 – Finished Reading
December 27, 2017 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Andy (new)

Andy I follow his Miriam Black series & love it's dark humour

message 2: by Nelson (new)

Nelson Did you like The Las Jedi?

Markus Andy wrote: "I follow his Miriam Black series & love it's dark humour"

I've heard good things about it!

Markus Nelson wrote: "Did you like The Las Jedi?"

Mostly, yes. There were more things I liked than disliked. I'm very confused by the millions of people who either love it or hate it, as I think it deserves neither of those, but it was significantly better than The Force Awakens.

message 5: by Nelson (new)

Nelson Markus wrote: "Nelson wrote: "Did you like The Las Jedi?"

I'm one of those that hated it, mostly because the narrative is filled with incoherences one after the other, I don't forget those in any movie or story :(

It is the best in the visual sense though, quite pretty.

Markus Nelson wrote: "Markus wrote: "Nelson wrote: "Did you like The Las Jedi?"

I get that. Inconsistent narrative is a key phrase for the new Star Wars, tho. I wish these new films never happened, but since they do, I might as well enjoy them as much as I can.